Parent Meeting Information
E-Town Jr. Track and Field 2014
Head Coach: Miss Caitlin Pflaum
Assistant Coaches: Alex and Kristy Mackavage
I. What is Track and Field at Jr. High Level?
· JuniorHigh Track and Field is about technique and introducing athletes to the sportand improving athlete’s times and distances.
· Therewill be a girl’s race and a boy’s race.
o 1600 Meter Run has the potential to bemixed.
· Scoring is based on placing. There willbe “scorers” and exhibition. All athletes compete at dual meets.
· Each athlete can participate in up to 4events each meet.
· Shoes:(training shoes, spikes **please note: spikes are optional**)
· Watch(not required,but definitely a help)
· Runningclothes: appropriate for the weather
o THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!
· Spandex-several athletes wear spandex underneath their uniforms. Spandex needs to be aSINGLE SOLID COLOR. If they’re in a relay, the relay needs to have the samecolor spandex or they can be disqualified.
III. Whatelse you need
· Whenyou come to practices, it is advised that you bring the following equipment:
o Water bottle
o Extra shirt for after a run (especiallyif it’s really hot)
IV. Other important information
· Ifyour child needs to leave a meet early and/ or is not returning on the bus, youneed to email Linda Ahern (email@example.com)to get permission at least 24 hours in advance.
· Ifyour child is not passing one of his/ her classes, he/ she cannot participatein practices or the meet(s) for that week. Eligibility reports are run weekly.
· Ifit our expectation, as a coaching staff, that students are not simply competingand then hanging out on the infield talking or on their cell phones. Pleaseencourage your son/daughter to encourage his/her teammates after they arefinished with assigned events.
V. Contact Information
o (717) 361-7525 ext. 2420