Return to Headlines

Obtaining a Work Permit During School Closure

Obtaining a Work Permit during school closure:
In Pennsylvania, minors between the ages of 14–18 must obtain a Work Permit. Work Permits cannot be issued to children under the age of 14. Work Permits are issued by the school district in which the student resides. It is only valid for employment within the State of Pennsylvania. The following are the directions to obtain a Work Permit while school is closed.

  1. Email to request a permit and an application will be emailed to you.
  2. Please complete Section B of the application, along with the student's hair and eye color section and email the completed application to Gail Fox, along with proof of birth (birth certificate, passport, state-issued id or driver’s license).
  3. After the application is received the permit will be issued and mailed to the student's residence.
  4. Please have the student sign the permit and take a picture of them signing it and email the picture to  (You may want to make a copy for your records before giving it to the employer.)