2022-2023 Back to School Information
July 21, 2022- Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year. The information below has been compiled to help ensure students and families have all the information needed to get the new year off to a strong start. We can't wait for the return of our students on Tuesday, August 23.
What you need to know for this fall?
- The first day of school for students in grades 1-12 is Tuesday, August 23.
- The first day of school for students in kindergarten is Thursday, August 25.
- Students will be dismissed early the entire first week of school (Aug. 23-26).
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Information Center.
- Apply for Free and Reduced Lunch benefits.
- Menu and school meal prices for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Parents/Guardians will receive their child's bus schedule the week of August 15-19.
- If your child walks to school, CLICK HERE for safety tips and crossing guard locations.
- Student schedules at the high school level (grades 9-12) will be available on the Community Portal the week of July 25. Any schedule changes at the high school level (grades 9-12) must be submitted through the 2022-2023 Schedule Change Request Form no later than August 5.
- Student schedules at the middle school level (grades 6-8) will be available on the Community Portal the week of August 1.
- Class placement letters at the elementary level (grades K-5) will be mailed the week of August 1. Also, starting that same week, parents/guardians will be able to access their child's class placement on the Community Portal.
- Kindergarten Parent Nights are scheduled for Wednesday, August 17 at East High Street and Bainbridge Elementary Schools. The programs will run from 6:30-7:30 p.m. each evening at the respective schools.
- Elementary open houses (K-5) will be held Thursday, August 18 from 2-3:30 p.m. in each building. Students and their parent/guardian can drop by anytime.
- Sixth grade orientation is scheduled for Friday, August 5 from 9-10:30 a.m. and Monday, August 8 from 1-2:30 p.m. Select the session that is most convenient for your family.
- Seventh and eighth grade open houses are scheduled for Friday, August 5 from 1-2:30 p.m. and Monday, August 8 from 9-10:30 a.m. Select the session that is most convenient for your family.
- Ninth grade and new student orientation is scheduled for Thursday, August 11 from 9-11 a.m. This event is for STUDENTS ONLY and allows for self-guided tours of the school for students to find their classrooms.
- Ninth grade and new student orientation family night is scheduled for Thursday, August 11 from 6:30-8 p.m. This event is for students in grade 9 only, as well as students new to the District grades 9-12 and their families.
- Students entering grade 9 or new students to the District for the 2022-2023 school year who did not receive their Chromebook during the summer distribution period will receive their device the first week of school.
- Students who are currently aware of a Chromebook issue that needs support can submit a ticket now to have the issue addressed prior to school. Technology support tickets can be submitted using the Web Help Desk portal at http://support.etownschools.org/.
- Students should bring their fully charged Chromebook the first day of school.