Administrative Restructuring Update
At the April 26, 2022, school board meeting, the Board of School Directors approved an administrative restructuring that will go into effect this summer. Specifically, the goals of the multi-phase reorganization are as follows:
- Maintain the high quality of building leadership in each school that currently exists, with increased emphasis placed on instructional leadership at the building level to better meet student, family, and teacher needs.
- Create the best conditions for student learning by ensuring consistent implementation of our K-12 Educational Program, including curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Implement a more robust academic and well-being support system for all students at all grade levels to better overcome barriers to learning.
- Establish a comprehensive summer school program to support targeted student learning during the summer months.
To accomplish these goals, the District reviewed our current administrative staff and restructured their assignments based on student and staff needs K-12 and the strengths and experiences of our administrators. As such, we are pleased to announce the following restructuring that will go into effect on July 1, 2022:
- Mr. Jacques Viau - Will move from serving as the Rheems Elementary School Principal to becoming the Bear Creek School Principal.
- Mr. Mike Pericci - Will move from serving as the Mill Road Elementary School Principal to becoming the District’s Student Supports Coordinator.
- Dr. Nate Frank - Will move from serving as the Bear Creek School Principal to becoming the District’s Curriculum and Federal Programs Coordinator.
We are confident that this administrative restructuring reflects the best possible approach to supporting our faculty and staff, meeting the needs of our students and families, and advancing our comprehensive plan forward. Rest assured, these transitions will be seamless, and the District is poised to deliver the high level of educational excellence our community has come to expect.
Please join us in congratulating and welcoming Mr. Viau, Mr. Pericci, and Dr. Frank into their new roles.