Parent-Teacher Conferences - Grades K-6
November 1, 2019
The Elizabethtown Area School District will hold Elementary Parent-Teacher Conferences November 25th and 26th. ALL parents/guardians of elementary-aged students are invited and encouraged to take part in this critical aspect of your child’s education. To make scheduling your conference hassle-free, the District makes use of an easy-to-use online scheduling app that allows you to sign up in minutes for a time convenient to you. To access the online scheduler, click the link at the bottom of this communication. Parents may begin scheduling Parent/Teacher Conferences using the online scheduler system on Monday, November 4. If you do not have access to the internet or need assistance in scheduling a conference, please contact your child’s school office.
Conferences are an important part of your child’s education and are held with the purpose of increasing your understanding of the progress your son/daughter is making in the classroom. Sharing information about your son/daughter will enable us to provide a learning program that will best meet the needs of your child and identify possible ways to help him/her at home. A typical conference lasts a minimum of fifteen minutes. Children - unless otherwise requested - should not attend this meeting.
The following suggestions may be helpful to you in preparing for this important meeting with your child’s teacher:
- Tell your child about the conference and what you plan to discuss with the teacher.
- Ask your child if they have anything they want you to share with the teacher.
- Come to school with a positive approach - we are a team working together for the benefit of your child.
- You may want to share some of this information about your child such as special health problems or needs, interests and hobbies, feelings about school, relationships with siblings and friends, successes and shortcomings, study habits, and/or special situations in the home.
- Feel free to ask questions about the school’s or teacher’s programs and procedures.
- Plan with the teacher what the home and school can do together to help resolve problems the child may be experiencing.
- Feel free to ask for clarification if you should hear a term you don’t understand.
- After the conference, tell your child what was discussed with the teacher.
Parent-Teacher Conferences represent one of the best ways to share information about how your son/daughter is doing in school. As such, you are urged to make every possible effort to be present at your scheduled conference time as your child will receive a better education as a result of the cooperative efforts of both the school and the home. Whenever possible, both parents/guardians are encouraged to attend. We look forward to your participation.