The district takes pride in connecting our schools to the community. As such, the Elizabethtown Area School District employs a systematic approach to school communications that is designed to accomplish the following goals:
- Promote student achievement and staff productivity.
- Build public awareness about the successes and challenges of the school district that lead to a more informed public understanding and support.
- Encourage parental involvement at home and in the school in their children's education through targeted outreach initiatives.
- Educate public about educational goals, opportunities, programs, and philosophies.
- Increase interest in school system among non-parents as well as parents.
The district firmly believes that timely, incisive information helps students, parents and staff maximize their ability to promote student learning. The district employs a number of means to accomplish its goals including but not limited to a comprehensive website, Facebook and Twitter pages, press releases, publications, targeted mailings, focus groups, surveys, and e-alerts.
These links will enable you to learn about the Elizabethtown Area School District's programs and services as well as the accomplishments of its students and staff.
For matters relating to Communication including but not limited to the district's website, local media coverage, district publications, and information on the district, contact Troy Portser, Director of School and Community Information, at (717) 367-1521, ext. 10024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.