Title I Reading
Elizabethtown Area School District offers Title I reading programs at East High Street Elementary School and the Bear Creek School. While the program is federally funded, the PA Department of Education administers and monitors the funds. The goals of Elizabethtown Area's Title I program are as follows:
- Provide additional instruction to students to assist them with becoming proficient in the area of reading.
- Address individual needs of each student to help them become strong readers.
Students are identified for the Title I program based on various literacy assessments administered throughout the school year. Parents are notified by a letter if their child qualifies for the program.
Parent meetings and workshops are held throughout the year to explain the Title I process, to provide support to assist parents in helping their children at home, and to promote parent involvement in EASD.
- Bear Creek School Family Engagement Compact 2019-2020
- East High Street Elementary School Family Engagement Compact 2019-2020
- Parent Resource Order Form***
- Parent Resource Order Form*** (Spanish)
***To receive free resources by mail, Parents/Guardians must complete the Parent Resource Order Form and mail directly to the address listed on the form.
Family Engagement Policies
- EASD Board Policy 918 - Title I Parent & Family Engagement
- Bear Creek School Family Engagement Policy
- East High Street Elementary School Family Engagement Policy
For questions about the Elizabethtown Area School District's Title I program, contact Richard Schwarzman, Assistant to the Superintendent, at (717) 367-1521, ext. 10003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.