Title I Reading
Elizabethtown Area School District offers Title I reading programs at each of its elementary schools. While the program is federally funded, the PA Department of Education administers and monitors the funds. The goals of Elizabethtown Area's Title I program are as follows:
- Provide additional instruction to students to assist them with becoming proficient in the area of reading.
- Address individual needs of each student to help them become strong readers.
Students are identified for the Title I program based on various literacy assessments administered throughout the school year. Parents are notified by a letter if their child qualifies for the program.
Parent meetings and workshops are held throughout the year to explain the Title I process, to provide support to assist parents in helping their children at home, and to promote parent involvement in EASD.
- Title I Interventions
- Understanding DIBELS
- Bear Creek School Parent Compact 2017-18
- East High Street Elementary School Parent Compact 2017-18
- Strategy Stems - Ask your child to use these while he or she reads!
Additional Free Parent Resources
Complete the form below and mail directly to the address listed to receive free resources by mail.
Parent Involvement Policies
- EASD Board Policy 918 - Title I Parent Involvement
- Bear Creek School Parent Involvement Policy
- East High Street Elementary School Parent Involvement Policy
For questions about the Elizabethtown Area School District's Title I program, contact Richard Schwarzman, Assistant to the Superintendent, at (717) 367-1521, ext. 10003 or email@example.com.