The Elizabethtown Area School District's social work program is designed to coordinate student support services to help students meet their full potentials at school. The department's goal is to minimize or alleviate barriers to learning by providing a multitude of services to students and their families. The social work department plays a key role in the following areas:
- Coordinate case management services to ensure families receive the services they need.
- Provide crisis intervention services to students and their families
- Promote parent/guardian participation within the educational environment
School Social Workers
Michele Updegraff, Social Work Facilitator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 426-4203 ext. 40016
- Provides support and linkage to community resources to students in all elementary schools in the district.
Deborah Handshew, L.C.S.W., District Social Worker
email@example.com or 367-1533 ext. 40015
- Provides counseling and support services to students with IEPs.
Jennifer Kenny, MSW, Home and School Visitor K-12
firstname.lastname@example.org or 367-1533 ext. 21107
- Provides support to students who have attendance issues, helping to eliminate barriers to achieving academic success.