School Counselors play an integral role in helping our students meet the challenges of the 21st Century. Their guidance enables students to develop socially, cognitively, and educationally, as well as to become productive, responsible citizens.
- The district's counseling staff has important responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
- Support students as they examine strengths/weaknesses and likes/dislikes.
- Network with classroom teachers and parents to optimize academic abilities.
- Foster students’ academic, career and interpersonal skill development.
- Act as liaison between the school, family, and various agencies.
- React quickly and appropriately to students in crisis.
To view the elementary, middle, or high school counseling department websites, click on the approriate counseling link below: