The Elizabethtown Area School District Board of School Directors approved the second phase of its redistricting plan for the four primary elementary schools at its May 8, 2012, workshop session. The approval completes the two-year process of drawing new school attendance boundaries. To view the new and current attendance boundaries, click the link below:
Timing of Redistricting
The timing of the two-year redistricting process considered the following factors:
Year 1 (2011-2012):
- Opening of the Bear Creek School and the subsequent increase in classroom space at our four primary elementary schools.
- Closing of Fairview Elementary School.
- Opening of a newly renovated and expanded East High Street Elementary School.
Goals of Redistricting Plan
- Fill new/renovated schools.
- Maintain two bus runs (secondary and elementary).
- Maintain or decrease the total number of buses (each bus equals approximately $46,000 year).
- Create more natural boundaries for primary schools (Grades K-3).
- Maintain average class size targets at 23 students per class at primary level.
- We anticipate notifying the families affected by the new school boundaries by the end of the school year.
Alternative Building Requests
- Parents/Guardians may petition the District to have their child attend another school in the District outside of the designated attendance boundaries on a year-to-year and student-by-student basis.
- District may grant requests based upon the availability of space, class sizes, and other factors. If your request is granted, transportation to and from the school will be your sole responsibility. The District retains the right to rescind exceptions granted up to the first day of school.
- Alternative Building Requests must be submitted to the District by August 1 using the following form: Alternative Building Request Form