The Elizabethtown Area School District's social work program coordinates student support services to help students meet their full potential at school. The department's goal is to minimize or alleviate barriers to learning by providing a multitude of services for students and their families. The social work department plays a key role in the following areas:
- Coordinate case management services to ensure families receive the services they need.
- Provide crisis intervention services to students and their families
- Promote parent/guardian participation within the educational environment
Students are referred to school social workers when they show signs of emotional, social, or personal difficulties that interfere with their adjustment and academic achievement in school. If your child or another known student is experiencing challenges that impact their ability to be successful in the school setting, please contact one of the EASD Social Workers listed below.
School Social Workers
Deborah Handshew, L.C.S.W., District Social Worker
email@example.com or 367-1533 ext. 40015
- Provides counseling and support services to students with IEPs.
Jennifer Fields, MSW, Home and School Visitor K-12
firstname.lastname@example.org or 367-1533 ext. 21107
- Provides support to students who have attendance issues, helping to eliminate barriers to achieving academic success.