Bears Virtual Learning Day
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BEARS VIRTUAL LEARNING DAYS
- In-person learning will operate on a 2-hour delay schedule.
- Bears Virtual Learning Days do not impact students enrolled in Etown Cyber (Independent) as they are on an independent schedule.
- Full-time Lancaster County Career and Technology Center (LCCTC) students would be off from school.
- Morning and afternoon LCCTC students would attend their virtual classes with EASD but not their LCCTC classes.
- Communication regarding virtual activities for the day will come from either your child’s building principal or teacher as soon as possible, but no later than the morning of the weather event.
- Students will have asynchronous work (on their own schedule) educational experiences.
- All professional and instructional-based support staff will be available to support students through their school-issued email and Schoology accounts during typical school hours.
- If your child is ill, please follow our regular absenteeism reporting procedure.
- Households without access to technology (device, internet, or both) should contact their child’s teacher/ principal for assistance and may be given a reasonable extension to complete the assigned work.
The District is excited to take advantage of this flexibility. As we all know, sometimes the weather is unpredictable, which may make an early decision not possible. When circumstances permit, we will make every effort to make the school closing and Bears Virtual Learning Day decisions and announcements before a weather event, as we understand the impact on families and staff.