Our Amazing Students
Highlights from the 2021-2022 school year are listed below by area.
In the area of Academics
- 1 National Merit Scholarship Program Finalist.
- 1 National Merit Scholarship Program Semifinalist.
- 9 AP Scholars.
- 23 students in our English Language Development program were celebrated for meeting language proficiency.
- 15 students were saluted for having completed the Attollo Recruit program.
- 4 students received FFA Keystone Degrees, the highest honor for FFA members.
- 8 first year FFA students earned the highly coveted FFA jacket through the Pennsylvania FFA organization.
- 52 students were inducted into the National Honor Society.
- 1 student from the Bear Creek School won the Harrisburg Senators bookmark contest
- 1 student was chosen to take part in the first-ever Women in Welding Summer Camp program.
- 1 student placed 3rd at Susquehanna University’s inaugural High School Sales Competition.
- 171 students were presented 227 awards for 135 different class offerings at the Underclass Awards Program.
- 5 students were inducted into the National Technical Honor Society.
- 71 members of the senior class were honored with 68 scholarships and awards totaling over $105,000.
- EAHS’s science olympiad team placed third at the regional competition and 10th at the state competition.
- 17 students completed the Attollo Recruit program
- 11 seniors completed the Attollo Scholars program
- 310 diplomas were awarded during our Commencement ceremony
In the area of Arts
- 9 high school students took part in the All-County Chorus festival.
- 2 high school students took part in the PA Music Educators Association (PMEA) District 7 orchestra festival.
- 1 high school student took part in the PMEA District 7 band festival.
- 11 high school students took part in the All-County Band Festival.
- 4 high school students took part in the PMEA District 7 chorus festival.
- 10 high school students took part in the All-County Orchestra Festival.
- 1 high school student earned a gold key in the scholastic art award program.
- 3 Bear Creek School students took part in PMEA’s Elementary Songfest.
- 2 high school students took part in the PMEA region 5 chorus ensemble.
- 1 high school student was selected to the prestigious PMEA all-state chorus.
In the area of Athletics
- 19 students were recognized during two Athletic Recognition Days for declaring their intent to continue their sports careers at the collegiate level.
In the Area of Altruism
- District students and staff honored 27 local veterans as part of the District’s annual Veterans Day Ceremony.
- 452 non-perishable food items were collected for local families in need as part of Bainbridge Elementary School’s Thanksgiving Food Drive.
- 16 local families in need received Thanksgiving food baskets as part of the middle school’s Feathers for Families program.
- 120 non-perishable food items were donated to create food boxes at Mill Road Elementary School to make Thanksgiving a bit more special this year for local families in need.
- 700 non-perishable food items, household products, and toiletries were collected as part of East High Street Elementary School’s Giving Tree Program.
- The Bear Creek School collected a remarkable 1,600 food items as part of a holiday food drive to benefit 34 local families.
1000 students from the Bear Creek School received holiday help as part of Bear Creek Elementary School’s giving tree that supported families in need over the holidays.
- 30 families received holiday assistance over the holidays to purchase presents as part of East High Street Elementary School’s Giving Tree program.
- The middle school’s mini-thon raised over $6,000 for the Four Diamonds Fund while the high school’s mini-thon raised over $60,000.
- Over $25,000 was raised for the Bear Creek School PTO as part of the school’s Fun Run.