Foreign Exchange Students
Elizabethtown Area High School will allow the placement of four exchange students annually with one student per sponsored exchange program. Deadline to secure a placement for an exchange student is July 15 prior to the start of the school year. In order to place a student at the Elizabethtown Area High School, the following is required.
- The student must be 16 years of age.
- The student cannot be a graduate from high school in their native school system.
- The student must be placed through a sponsoring student exchange organization, only one per organization.
- The student must be traveling on a J1 or F1 Visa.
- The student must comply with all U.S. and PA immunization requirements.
- The host family must reside in the Elizabethtown Area School District.
- Evidence of sufficient English proficiency must be provided (ELTIS proficiency results, writing sample, and/or English teacher recommendation).
- Students who enroll as a 12th grade student may participate in the graduation ceremony. They will receive a certificate of attendance but are NOT eligible to receive a diploma.
Steps to secure a spot at the Elizabethtown Area High School
- The exchange company must complete the 239-AR-1 Foreign Exchange Student Application Form.
- This form must be submitted to the office of the Superintendent no later than July 15th prior to the start of the school year.
- The host family must follow all steps to enrolling a student into the district.
- An appointment must be made with Kelly Gillette in the high school counseling office to do course selection.
- If a student is interested in competing in PIAA Athletics, the student must complete the required SPORTS FORMS as well as the form specific to exchange students.
Any questions can be directed to Kelly Gillette, School Counselor, at email@example.com or 717-367-1533 ext. 21103