Degrees and Certifications:
What you can do to help your child succeed on his/her instrument:
t's hard to help if you don't exactly know what is going on so here are some tips for YOU as the parent to help your child succeed.
1. Always encourage, especially in the beginning! It might not sound 'right' just yet, but it will with your positive encouragement!
2. Help your child set a practice schedule in a place far away from distractions! Routine is key!
3. Ask questions about what they're doing and have them teach you!
4. Schedule regular 'concerts' or 'performances' for your child to showcase new skills.
5. CONTACT ME if you feel like your child is becoming frustrated, I am always here to help.
6. Treat practicing like it is homework at home!
7. Encourage the use of YouTube! There are so many great videos to help your child or to keep them engaged!
8. Set up private lessons with another instructor outside of school to reinforce concepts.
9. Stay positive, YOURSELF! It will be squeaky, but it gets better :)
10. Record your child every now and again and throughout the years, listen to back to see how much they have grown!