Act 34 Hearing - Bainbridge Elementary Renovation Project
Date: December 13, 2016
Time: 6:30 PM
Location: Bainbridge Elementary School
About: Any and all interested persons may appear at and attend the public Act 34 Hearing and will be granted a reasonable opportunity to be heard. Any and all interested parties that want to be placed on the public hearing agenda may submit their names and written testimony to the Secretary of the Board of Directors, Becky Maxwell, 600 East High Street, Elizabethtown, PA 17022 until noon on Tuesday, December 6, 2016.
The complete information about the project is included in the Act 34 Booklet attached as a PDF below. A hard copy is also available in the office of the superintendent at 600 East High Street, Elizabethtown, PA 17022.
Following the hearing, the public has 30 days to make written comments about the project. Those may be mailed to the Board Secretary at the address above or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate ACT 34 comments in the subject line) by noon on Thursday, January 12, 2017.
Purpose: The purpose is to have the District Administration, Architect and Financial Advisors present a proposal for the building wide renovation and new construction.The specific purposes for this hearing are as follows:
- Establish the need for the project by reviewing events leading to the Board’s consideration to renovate and construct additions.
- Review the various options considered by the Board prior to the decision to proceed with the current project proposal.
- Describe the construction elements proposed to meet the educational program that serves as the basis for the project under consideration.
- Present the estimated construction cost, the total project cost, indirect costs and the financial needs and estimate of the local tax impact of the project.
- Provide citizens and residents an opportunity to offer comments and written testimony concerning the project.