Keyboarding 1 is designed for the beginning piano student. Students will learn the basics of music reading and basic piano skills including the following:
- Read and write standard notation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts of music - melody, rhythm, harmony, form, and expression through playing, performance, and testing.
- Understand and use the 5-finger position. As students progress, expansion out of the 5-finger position is expected.
- Demonstrate an understanding of scales and key signatures by playing assigned pieces.
- Demonstrate an understanding of chords through usage of broken chords and arpeggios.
- Progress through the curriculum using the course method book and supplemental materials.
Keyboarding 2 is designed to extend the skills of students who have taken the Keyboarding 1 class.
- More complex arpeggio and chord progressions
- Four octave scales
- More complex compositions in Garageband
Here are working documents that we use for Keyboarding 1/2.You can access Mr. Barraclough's Community Portal Page here:A Commitment to ExcellenceKeyboardingElizabethtown Area High School
Department of Music