Welcome to Mr. Stewart’s 3rd Grade Experience!
1. Always follow the Code of Conduct.
2. Work hard as a team and as an individual every day.
3. Help me make learning fun for you!
- Jobs are changed once a week.
- Take pride in your work in the beginning of the day until the end!
- Everyone must have something to read.
- The book must be appropriate for the reader.
Book sign out
- You may sign out classroom books, one at a time, for 2 weeks.
- Please handle with care and sign out on the yellow sheet near the library.
- Please sharpen two pencils when you get to school or during independent work time. Do not disrupt a lesson.
- Put your belongings away in the closet.
- Put your lunch count up on the board.
- Sharpen your pencil.
- Look for directions on the board to complete your morning activities.
- Smile and get ready for a great day!
End of the Day Routine
- Write your homework assignments in your agenda.
- Gather your homework and all necessary materials.
- Clean the floor around your desk.
- Check the job chart and do your job.
- Listen for Mr. Stewart to call you to get your
belongings from the closet.
- Check your mailbox for mail to take home.
- Wait on the carpet for your bus to be called.
- Please use the following times to use the restroom.
- AM after you get off the bus.
- Morning break right before special.
- Before lunch recess
- Afternoon recess.
- Emergencies are sometimes expected, but should not
become a habit.
Homework and Make up Work
- Reading 15-20 minutes per evening Monday - Thursday is
required by all students. (You may choose how you want your child to meet
- Homework is assigned daily and should be completed by the due date. Please refer to the student agenda for specifics. I am asking parents to sign or initial the agenda each evening to check for homework completion, including reading.
- A Homework notice will be sent home if an assignment is missed. Parents must sign and return the notice and the assignment is due the next day.
- No Friday homework is assigned unless a project is due, or under special circumstances.
- If you are absent 1 day or less, please make up work the day you return. If you are absent 2 or more days, homework will be sent home. Please drop me a note with the name of a sibling or neighbor, and their teacher tosend the work home. Homework is usually due 1 or 2 days after you return.
Book Bag and Coat Rack Procedure
- Hang your book bag and coat on any hook.
- Take all necessary materials to your desk in the
- Book bags should remain on the rack until the end of
Take Home Folder
- Please empty your take home folder every evening. Any papers to be completed or signed should be returned the next day.
Specials scheduleDay 1 - MusicDay 2 - GymDay 3 - ArtDay 4 - TechnologyDay 5 - C.U.B.S.
- I will be sending home a monthly newsletter to parents that give a brief description of what we have been working on in all of the subjects! I will also include a few pictures of the class working on their various assignments around the room. This letter will also contain all important dates of classroom functions and happenings around the school.
- You may contact me at school via phone in the AM from 8:00-8:30 and in the afternoon from 3:45- 4:00 if you have questions or concerns. You can also e-mail me anytime during the day at firstname.lastname@example.org.