College Courses - Dual Enrollment
Students from the Elizabethtown Area School District (Grades 9-12) may attend classes at an accredited post-secondary institution, with prior approval, for dual credit as per Board Policy 912.1. The following procedures are in effect:
- Courses are weighted 1.20 and are included in GPA calculations.
- Students are able to select college courses each semester. Courses must be pre-approved by the parents, the school counselor, and administration.
- Students are responsible to pay for their tuition and application fee before the start of the course. The charge per credit varies by college and is based on the special continuing education rate per credit.
- Maximum of 5 courses can be taken between grades 9-12 from accredited colleges. If students desire to take more than 5 courses, they must identify which courses will count toward GPA prior to enrolling. All other courses will be for enrichment purposes only and will not count toward final GPA.
- The Intro to Agribusiness Fundamentals is the only dual enrollment course currently offered during the school day at the high school for dual credit. There is an application fee and minimal tuition cost.
- It is the student's responsibility to contact colleges they are considering attending after high school to determine if the dual enrollment course will be accepted for transfer credit. Taking dual enrollment courses does not necessarily guarantee transferable credits.
Please visit the Dual Enrollment Page for more information.