- April 14, 2021 - Portal window is opened in order to submit course selection online
- April 15 and 16, 2021 - Counselors meet with students for scheduling
- April 21, 2021 - Deadline to submit online course selection for grades 8-11 **Portal Closed**
- Summer 2021 - Schedules posted to the portal
- June 30, 2021 - Last day to submit Intent Form and complete Survey for Dual Enrollment for ALL CLASSES for both fall and Spring for the 2021-2022 school year
- June 30, 2021 - Last day to submit applications to the counseling department for all fall dual enrollment courses
- August 13, 2021 - Course changes will not be made after this date (Except for conflicts or course prerequisites)
- December 10, 2021 - Last day to submit applications for ALL SPRING Dual Enrollment courses
Course Planning Worksheet
- CLICK HERE for 4 Year Course Planning Worksheet
Course Scheduling Worksheet
During this time, students and parents/guardians may request changes to the selections by completing the online scheduling change form. Course change requests after August 13, 2021 will be considered only for the following reasons:
- Scheduling error resulting in conflicts
- Course sequencing
- Student lacks pre-requisite(s) to take scheduled course
- Academic necessity, where the change is necessary for an essential academic purpose, as determined by the District at its discretion.
- Medical necessity, as determined by a licensed health care professional and provided to the District in writing.
The administration reserves the right to deny course change requests at its discretion. Students and their parents or guardians should make all course selection decisions carefully, as very few course change requests are granted, and they are only granted in serious and compelling circumstances.
Credit Promotion and Retention
The following guidelines will be used to determine whether or not students are promoted to the next grade. Promotion will occur at the end of the school year. Notification of failure to promote will be made at end of the year via correspondence from the counseling office. Promotion may also occur following summer school and at the end of the first semester for students who have met the requirements listed below.
- Promotion to Grade 10 - 7 credits
- Promotion to Grade 11 - 14 credits
- Promotion to Grade 12 - 21 credits
Please note a number of courses require lab fees due to the increase in costs for materials. Any student unable to pay the lab fee for a course should see his/her counselor or an administrator.
Students and their parent/guardian will do course selection online. Students in grades 8-11 should have already set up a Community Portal Account for the online course selection process. To begin the online course selection process, please refer to the school website at www.etownschools.org and choose “Online Course Selection” under the site short cuts. You will be able to access the tip sheet for online course selection on this site. This online course selection process can be completed at any computer that has internet access beginning April 14, 2021 and ending April 21, 2021. Students should print out their course request document. All students must schedule a full course load of 8 credits for grades 9-11 and a minimum of 7.5 credits for grade 12. Parents will need to sign this form and students will bring the signed form to the counseling office no later than April 28, 2021. Computers are available for students before and after school in both the IMC and counseling office. If you need assistance, please contact the counseling office.