What is a School Counselor?Who are school counselors?
Professional school counselors are certified educators with the minimum of a master’s degree in school counseling and are uniquely qualified to address the developmental needs of all students through a comprehensive school counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all students.
What does Ms. Flemming do?
Ms. Flemming strives to offer a comprehensive developmental program of school counseling to all students in kindergarden through third grade. The primary goal of the program is to assist students in avoiding and/or breaking down barriers to learning. Some major components of the comprehensive school counseling program include:
- Developmental guidance lessons during CUBS
- Small support groups throughout the year
- Contact and consultation with outside agencies
- Consultation with teachers
- Consultation with parents
- Individual “brief” counseling for students in need.