General advertising through flyers or promotional materials by for-profit organizations, non-profit organizations, religious organizations, institutions of higher learning, and governmental organizations is governed by EASD’s Nonschool Organizations/Groups/Individuals Policy (Policy 913) and the Commercial Sponsorship Policy (Policy 913.1). EASD receives many requests to post and/or distribute flyers to its students and their families. The following regulations will govern the distribution and posting of flyers at EASD.
Which organizations can distribute Flyers?
- Consider approval of flyers from local non-profit community organizations, institutions of higher learning, religious organizations, Big E Booster Club or government entities that advertise a date-specific event or program. EASD retains the right to request proof of non-profit status in order for approval. SEE GENERAL GUIDELINES AND DISTRIBUTION PROCEDURES below.
- Consider approval of flyers from Booster Clubs (or like organizations) for individual athletic teams. SUCH FLYERS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED DIRECTLY TO THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR FOR APPROVAL.
- Distribute flyers promoting events and activities from board-approved groups, clubs and organizations (i.e. EASD Music Club, Student Council, PTOs, etc.) in accordance with policy 123 and the accompanying procedure to policy 123. SUCH FLYERS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED DIRECTLY TO THE BUILDING PRINCIPAL FOR APPROVAL.
Requests from the following will not be approved:
- For-profit organizations that advertise a date-specific event or program will not be approved for general distribution. Such flyers may be considered for placement on each school’s Community Table (Policies 913 and 913.1).
- Requests from non-profit organizations and government entities not native to the greater-Elizabethtown area that advertise a date-specific event or program will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Such flyers not approved may be considered for placement on each school’s Community Table.
- Flyers should be submitted to the Community Information Office for approval. It is the responsibility of the requesting party to contact the Community Information Office to see whether or not their flyer has been approved for distribution. Contact information for the Community Information Office is as follows:
By Mail or in Person: 600 E. High Street, Elizabethtown, PA 17022
By Fax: (717) 367-1920
By Email: email@example.com
Additional Questions: (717) 367-1521, ext. 10004
- The flyer must promote an activity that is educational or social in nature and the activity supports the basic education mission of the EASD and has a clear benefit to district students.
- All flyers submitted for approval must contain the following disclaimer (in Arial font no smaller than 10-point font size): These materials are neither sponsored by nor endorsed by the Elizabethtown Area School District, the Elizabethtown Area School District Board of Education, the superintendent, or this school.
- If the function or program on the flyer is taking place in an EASD school building, prior approval must be obtained in accordance with EASD’s Use of Facilities Policy (policy 707). To avoid falsely advertising a program or service to happen in our school buildings, proof of approval for building use must be submitted at the time the flyer approval is requested.
- All flyers approved for distribution shall bear the name and contact information for the requesting organization.
- Approval of the flyer does not imply EASD endorsement of any identified program, product, or service.
- All flyers must advertise a date-specific event or program. General advertising through flyers or promotional materials by for-profit, non-profit, institutions of higher learning, and governmental organizations is governed by EASD’s Commercial Sponsorship Policy (Policies 913 and 913.1).
- A copy of all approved flyers will be stamped APPROVED and sent to the respective school buildings. Flyers will not be distributed to students by schools unless stamped for approval.
- EASD approves flyers on Wednesdays only. Distribution will occur no earlier than the following Monday.
- The requesting organization must drop off the approved flyers at the appropriate schools on the Friday prior to the Monday in which they want the flyer to be sent home with students.
- It is the responsibility of the requesting organization to ensure that the proposed flyer is submitted for review in accordance with the stated timeline.
- Distribution and printing is the responsibility of the requesting organization. All approved flyers must be bundled per school according to the distribution list found below. For grade specific totals, contact the Community Information Office at the contact information listed above.
- Bainbridge Elementary School: 9 packets of 25
- East High Street Elementary School: 25 packets of 25
- Mill Road Elementary School: 10 packets of 25
- Rheems Elementary School: 22 packets of 25
- Bear Creek School: 5 packs of 35, 32 packs of 30, 2 packs of 10
- Elizabethtown Area Middle School: 35 packets of 25
- Elizabethtown Area High School: 60 packets of 25