ENROLLING A STUDENT
Please Note: The compulsory school age in Pennsylvania was recently changed and requires all students to begin school no later than age 6 and attend school until age 18 or until graduation.
PLEASE CONTACT THE REGISTRATION OFFICE OR THE BUSINESS OFFICE TO DETERMINE THE ELEMENTARY BUILDING YOUR CHILD WILL ATTEND PRIOR TO BUYING OR BUILDING A HOUSE AS REAL ESTATE AGENTS MAY NOT HAVE THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION. You may call the registration office at 717-361-4893 or the business office at 717-367-1521 to confirm your child’s elementary building based on your anticipated address.
To be eligible for enrollment in Elizabethtown Area schools, students must reside within the boundaries of the Elizabethtown Area School District and have attained the chronological age of five (5) years prior to September 1.
Our registration process begins with an online registration form. (Paper packets are NO longer available). To use this form, you must first have an active email account. Once you complete and submit your form, the registrar will contact you via phone or email to review your student’s online registration form. Keep in mind that the information you enter will be transmitted to food service, transportation, nursing services, and your child’s building. The accuracy when completing this form is crucial to ensure a smooth start to your Elizabethtown experience.
Required Registration Information:
- Immunization Record. A list of immunization requirements can be found on our website.
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency in the Elizabethtown Area School District. A list of accepted documents for proof of residency can be found by CLICKING HERE. We require two forms.
- Photo Identification of the parent/guardian (driver’s license or state-issued ID only)
Requested Registration information:
- Copy of most recent report card from the last school attended
- Unofficial transcript for high school students along with class schedule
- Custody paperwork if you would like to share this with the school
- Documents from the previous school such as IEP, ER, NOREP, GIEP, and 504 Plan
The district will proceed with the registration of your child only if the above mentioned required documents and a completed online registration form are submitted electronically to the Student Registration Office. It typically takes a minimum of 3 days before your child can begin school once the online form and required documentation are received and finalized. Please be aware the district cannot proceed with your registration unless all of the above documents are presented. If you do not have a copy of the immunization record, you will need to obtain this from either your family physician or your previous school district. Your documents can be faxed to the Student Registration Office at 717-361-1842.
The district looks forward to processing your complete enrollment package and welcome you to the Elizabethtown Area School District.
CLICK HERE to proceed to the online registration website.