As part of our Kindergarten registration process, EASD typically holds a screening element for the incoming kindergartners. Due to the state-ordered school closing, we are postponing this year’s screenings originally scheduled for May. We are currently contingency planning for a wide-range of possibilities including everything from holding the screenings later in the summer, to not holding them at all. Each scenario has implications and we will be analyzing each to determine our best course of action. More information will be forthcoming as decisions are made at the state-level on the re-opening of the Commonwealth and our schools. Regardless of our screening scenarios, we highly encourage all families who intend to enroll their child in kindergarten next year, to complete our online registration form as soon as possible. In doing so, we can better organize class placements to ensure, as best we can, balanced class sizes at appropriate levels across our district.
For entrance to Kindergarten, a child residing in the district shall have attained the chronological age of five (5) years on or prior to August 31 (policy #201). A parent/guardian information session is held each year in January to assist parents with registering their son or daughter into kindergarten. The schedule of activities for students entering kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year is as follows:Thursday, January 9, 2020
- Kindergarten Registration Parent Information Night will be held at East High Street and Bainbridge Elementary Schools.
- East High Street and Mill Road administration will be at the East High Street session while Bainbridge and Rheems administration will be at the Bainbridge session. Parents can attend either location.
- 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Incoming Kindergarten students are NOT REQUIRED to attend Kindergarten Registration Parent Information Night as this evening is designed for parents.
Friday, January 10, 2020
- ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM for Kindergarten Registration Opens.
- Parents/Guardians must complete this online form in order to schedule a Kindergarten Registration Appointment.
- Once the form is completed, contact the EASD Student Registration Office at (717) 361-4893 to schedule an appointment.
- Kindergarten Readiness Screening Assessments begin
- Dates and locations to be determined
- Your Kindergarten Readiness Screening Assessment appointment is scheduled at your Kindergarten Registration Appointment
- Incoming Kindergarten students are required to attend the Kindergarten Readiness Screening Assessment where they will complete a short kindergarten readiness assessment to determine instructional needs
- Typically Kindergarten Readiness Screening Assessments take about 30 minutes
Intent to Enroll in Kindergarten
The district has developed an "intent to enroll in kindergarten" form to help it better plan for appropriate kindergarten class sizes at each of its elementary schools. It is not binding and is voluntary. The district strongly encourages parents of school-aged children to complete the form regardless of whether you plan to enroll your child in Elizabethtown Area School District's kindergarten program. The intent to enroll form can be accessed by clicking on the link below.
Kindergarten Registration Appointment
As part of registration appointment, parents will need to provide the following documentation:
Additional registration resources can be accessed by CLICKING HERE.
Immunization Record. A list of immunization requirements can be found on our website.
Child's Birth Certificate.
Proof of Residency in the Elizabethtown Area School District. A listing of accepted documents for proof of residency can be found by CLICKING HERE.
- Photo identification of the parent/guardian (drivers license or state-issued ID only).
- Custody Papers if applicable
If you have questions about kindergarten registration, contact Becky Greenly, Student Records and Registration Office, by phone at (717) 361-4893 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.