"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about." -Patti Sue Plumer, U.S. Olympian
UPCOMING EVENTS:5/23/19-parent meeting 7-8:15pm in the LGI for parents of those who are interested in partcipating in XC for the 2019-20 school year
What is Cross Country?
Racing on grass, trails, hills, and mud against other athletes and teams
How far are the races?
Varsity Grades 12, 11, 10, and some awesome 9th graders- 5,000 meters (3.1 Miles).
Junior High grades. 7, 8, and 9 (2 Miles ).
Do we run in the rain?
Yes, it is fun! Unless it is lightening, then we go home.
What if I have never run before?
There is always someone to practice with so you can run at your own ability level.
What do I need to join Cross Country?
1. A physical.
2. Risk and student info cards. (provided by H.S. office after June 1st)
3. Running shoes, shorts and shirt.
Benefits of Cross Country:
- You become mentally and physically stronger, leaner and faster.
- Gets you in to shape for other sporting activities.
- THERE IS NO BENCH.
- Everyone participates.
- Self improvement is the measure of success.
- Promotes team work and friendships.
- Promotes physical health.
- Lowers stress levels, helps you sleep better.
- Provides an outlet or release to forget about life's obstacles.
Head Coach: Mark Gallagher
Assistant Coach: Ed Barlow
Junior High: Jeff McCloud