HEALTHY AND FIT KIDS
10 Tips for healthy kids at Bear Creek
Practice these simple and basic rules and you"ll be on your way to life-long healthy living.
1. Exercise for 1 hour every day.
2. Eat fruits and veggies with every meal.
3. Select "whole" grains over enriched grains.
4. Instead of juice and soda, drink water or no- to low-fat milk.
5. Trim the fat off your meat. Make sure your protein is lean.
6. You need fat, but get your fat from healthy sources: vegetable oils, fatty fish, and almonds
7. Portion sizes help you stay lean and fit.
8. Start the day with a healthy and substantial breakfast.
9. You don"t have to say, "Yes," when someone offers you junk food.
10. Keep a healthy habit journal. Write in it every day.