Independent Learning Option
How does Etown Cyber INDEPENDENT LEARNING option work?
- Asynchronous classes that students complete on their schedule .
- No live-stream instruction via our Schoology platform and Zoom.
- Curriculum offered by IU13 with EASD teachers as facilitators to help with questions and grading.
- Technology provided by the IU13.
- Students will have access to EASD school counselors for academic planning, mental health support, and post-secondary planning.
- Students can participate in the District's wide variety of clubs, activities, music, and athletic programs.
What can students and parents expect?
- Students will check email morning and afternoon and respond to School District communication within 24 hours.
- Students will check their grades for missing work weekly with their parents if needed.
- If a student submits late work, the student will notify the teacher.
- Students will not use the aid of any apps, electronic devices, etc to cheat or plagiarize on assignments or assessments.
- Students will contact the Etown Cyber Independent Coordinator, Garry Norris, with any questions or problems while enrolled in the course.
- Students will participate in Keystone and/or PSSA exams as scheduled.
- Parental assistance may be needed with all of these tasks for elementary-aged students.
CLICK HERE for the Etown Cyber Independent Handbook