Lancaster School of Cosmetology and Therapeutic Body Work
Elizabethtown Area High School is partnering with Lancaster School of Cosmetology and Therapeutic Body Work for an Early Enrollment Program for seniors. This program allows students to begin their coursework at LSC while completing their senior in high school. Lancaster School of Cosmetology and Therapeutic Body Work is licensed by the State Board of Cosmetology as well as licensed by the State Board of Private Licensed Schools, a division of the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Programs available for early enrollment are:
Cosmetology – 1250 hours (GE Disclosure Page)
If you have a flair for creativity, enjoy working with people and looking for a rewarding career with flexibility, Cosmetology could be just what you are looking for! Program includes: Cut, Style, Curl, Flat Iron, Color, Highlights, Hombre, Chemical Relaxer, Skincare, Nails, Barbering, Wedding and Prom Styles, Waxing, Makeup, Competitions, and State law and regulations.
Massage Therapy – 600 hours (GE Disclosure Page)
The field of Massage Therapy is opening new doors of opportunity to members of the profession. Therapists with the comprehensive training offered at LSC, are applying their skills to assist clients in managing stress, maintaining wellness and recovering from injuries. Massage Therapy offers the opportunity for an independent flexible career, working as part of a health-care or wellness organization, a spa or in your own private practice. You will study: Swedish, chair, warm stone, deep tissue, sports, pre-natal, aromatherapy, myofascial, Anatomy & Physiology, Systems of the body, CPR, MBLEx exam prep, Client consultation, Ethics, State law and regulations, Business fundamentals and will get a Massage table package.
Early Enrollment Guidelines:
- Grade: Seniors only
- Coursework counts as 4 elective credits but will not reflect in GPA and class rank
- Student would be required to complete all core course requirements in the fall of their senior year
- Student would attend Lancaster School of Cosmetology in the spring of their senior year starting in early January and may be required to take fall semester finals early
- Student is responsible for their own transportation
- Student will be responsible for the cost of the program. Specifics would be discussed through the financial aid department at Lancaster School of Cosmetology and Therapeutic Body Work
- Students who have completed their 24 credits and meet our graduation requirements by January, may be eligible to apply for financial aid through FAFSA.ed.gov
- Students who have not reached graduation requirements can discuss a financial plan with LSC.
Steps to Enroll:
- Set up a meeting with your counselor to discuss your goals and develop a plan before the start of your senior year
- Parent/guardian must approve of plan
- Administration must approve of plan
- You must complete their Request More Information form. Then they will reach out to you.
- If you do not hear from them in a timely manner, contact Lisa Pope of LSC to set up a visit and speak to the financial aid department (email@example.com or 717-299-0200)
- After receiving your acceptance to the school, you must meet with your counselor to make sure your schedule reflects the plan.