Middle School Chromebook Collection
As the district nears the end of the 2018/2019 school year, the middle school staff and district technology department have been working on plans to collect all 7th and 8th grade student Chromebook devices.
The collection of the Chromebooks is very important and allows the devices to be serviced and stored over the summer in preparation for use in the classroom next fall.
The last day students will be permitted to bring the device home overnight is Wednesday, May 29.
Students will be turning in their Chromebook devices during flex time on Thursday, May 30.
Students should come to school that day with their:
- Chromebook (Fully Charged)
- Blue Carry Case
- Power Supply
The items that are collected on Thursday, May 30 will be stored over the summer and reissued to the same student in August.
The district appreciates the care students have placed in the instructional device over the course of the school year and looks forward to continuing the success with 1:1/Personalized Learning in 2019/2020.
What Students Need To Do:
- Now through Tuesday, May 28: Students should contact Technology Services if:
- The student ID label and asset tags have come off the Chromebook
- There is no longer a label in the carry case clear pocket
- The Chromebook is damaged or not working in any way
- The power cable and/or carry case is damaged
- Wednesday, May 29: Fully harge the Chromebook overnight
- Thursday, May 30: Bring Chromebook, carry case and charger to school to turn in during Flex Period
Additional information will be coming from the district shortly outlining the distribution of Chromebooks to students Grades 7-12 prior to the start of the 2019/2020 school year.
If you have any questions regarding the Personalized Learning Initiative, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org