Schoology Access for Parents
If you do not already have a Schoology parent account, please read the information below describing how to create one.
The Elizabethtown Area School District is now using Schoology, an integrated learning management solution that provides course management, mobile learning, and support for system-wide communication. Schoology enables students, parents, and teachers to engage with learning materials and the school community from the classroom and beyond. Bear Creek, the Middle School, and the High School are all using Schoology to enhance connectivity and communication in the classrooms.
With Schoology, students can digitally submit homework assignments, review grades, participate in interactive discussions, receive announcements and feedback, take tests, write academic blogs, and more. As a parent, you may now create a free Schoology account to access and view your child’s activity and grades within the platform.
Parent access to Schoology for viewing student grades and other instructional information now replaces the “Courses and Grades” section of the Sapphire Community Web Portal.
We are excited to introduce access to Schoology for classroom level academic and instructional information. The Community Web Portal will still be used to view progress reports, report cards, attendance, and schedules, as well as update demographic information and complete a variety of web forms so you will need to log into your Community Portal account regularly.
Parents may register for a free Schoology account by following the steps below. Only those contacts listed as biological parents in the Sapphire Student Information System will be given Schoology access.
Once you log in successfully, follow either of the instructions below to become familiar with Schoology:
- Open your preferred web browser and go to http://www.schoology.com
- Click Register where it asks if you're looking to login to the Schoology app?
- Select Parent
- Enter your student’s Parent Access Code (received in a letter via district mailing or request by emailing email@example.com) and click Continue
- Enter your name, email address and a password and click Register
**All student Schoology accounts are created by the district and are accessed using their district login credentials.
Schoology Mobile App
In addition to the online web interface, Schoology offers mobile apps, which can be downloaded from your device's app store.
- Once downloaded, sign in to the Schoology app using the credentials that you entered when creating your Schoology parent account.
- To access your student’s classes within the app, click the Menu icon in the top left corner (three horizontal lines)
- Tap “My Children”
- You will see the Enrollments screen where you can see a list of your student's courses. Pinch the screen to zoom out for a full view of the grades associated with those courses.
- To switch to a different student, tap on one of the courses in the Enrollments screen, tap the down arrow at the top right corner of the screen and then tap on the student
- For full instructions on using the mobile apps:
Refer to the Parent Tutorial above and scroll down to find the Mobile App section showing how to navigate the mobile apps.
Middle School, High School and Bear Creek School (Grs 4 and 5) Parent Access
- Schoology is now available to Parents/Guardians
- Sapphire Community Portal “Courses & Grades” link was disabled on Friday, February 8, 2019
- All other student information on the Sapphire Community Portal is still accessible to parents
Bear Creek School Parents or Students in Grade 3 - TBD
If you have questions or feedback regarding Schoology, please email the district at firstname.lastname@example.org
The chart below shows the features available in both the Sapphire Community Portal and the Schoology Learning Management System. Please note that parents will need an account to access both systems. Each online system offers valuable student information and is equally beneficial for students and parents/guardians to visit.