Schoology Access for Parents
The Elizabethtown Area School District is now using Schoology, an integrated learning management solution that provides course management, mobile learning, and support for system-wide communication. Schoology enables our students, parents and teachers to engage with learning materials and their school community from the classroom and beyond. We are using Schoology in our classrooms to enhance connectivity and communication in the Elizabethtown Area Middle School and High School.
With Schoology, students can digitally submit homework assignments, review grades, participate in interactive discussions, receive announcements and feedback, take tests, write academic blogs, and more. As a parent, you may now create a free Schoology account to access and view your child’s activity and grades within the platform.
Schoology access is available to Middle School and High School parents.
Parent access to Schoology for viewing student grades and other instructional information now replaces the “Courses and Grades” section of the Sapphire Community Web Portal.
We are excited to introduce access to Schoology for classroom level academic and instructional information. The Community Web Portal will still be used to view progress reports, report cards, attendance, and schedules, as well as update demographic information and complete a variety of web forms so you will need to log into your Community Portal account regularly.
Parents may register for a free Schoology account by following the steps below. These steps must be completed on a computer, as opposed to a mobile device. Only those contacts listed as biological parents in the Sapphire Student Information System will be given Schoology access. Once you log in successfully, parents/guardians will find instructions on how to use Schoology by clicking the Support link at the bottom of the screen or click here for a parent tutorial.
To create a free Schoology Parent Account:
- Open your preferred web browser and go to http://www.schoology.com
- Hover over Sign Up at the top right corner
- Select Parent
- Enter your student’s Parent Access Code (received in a letter via district mailing or request by emailing email@example.com) and click Continue
- Enter your name, email address and a password and click Register
**All student Schoology accounts are created by the district and are accessed using their district login credentials.
Schoology Mobile App
In addition to the online web interface, Schoology offers an iOS mobile app, which can be downloaded from your preferred app store.
- Once downloaded, sign in to the Schoology app using the credentials that you entered when creating the Schoology account.
- To access your student’s classes within the app, click the Menu icon in the top left corner (three horizontal lines)
- Tap “My Children”
- You will see the Enrollments screen where you can see a list of your student's courses. Pinch the screen to zoom out for a full view of the grades associated with those courses.
- To switch to a different student, tap on one of the courses in the Enrollments screen, tap the down arrow at the top right corner of the screen and then tap on the student
- For full instructions on using the mobile apps:
Middle School Parent Access
- Schoology will be available beginning Monday, February 4, 2019
- Sapphire Community Portal “Courses & Grades” link will be disabled on Friday, February 8, 2019
- All other student information on the Sapphire Community Portal will still be accessible to parents
High School Parent Access
- Schoology will be available on Monday, February 11, 2019
- Sapphire Community Portal “Courses & Grades” link will be disabled August 2019
If you have questions or feedback regarding Schoology, please email the district at firstname.lastname@example.org
The chart below shows the features available in both the Sapphire Community Portal and the Schoology Learning Management System. Please note that parents will need an account to access both systems. Each online system offers valuable student information and is equally beneficial for students and parents/guardians to visit.