Resources for Parent
Resources for Parents
Select "Translate this page” as needed. Each year families must apply for free or reduced lunch. It is possible to complete the application in some languages. (Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabic)
Building and District Information
- Virtual Backpack Select “Translate this page” as needed
Accessing student grades, attendance, and assignments electronically
- Parents need an email address to access Community Portal (report cards) and Schoology (grades and assignments)
Here is a link to create a gmail account
Translate the page at the bottom
- Community Portal Select “Translate this page” as needed:
This is where parents receive attendance information, progress reports, report cards, and messages from the school for Bear Creek, Middle School, and High School
- Update Parent Contact Information: On the Community Portal, parents will need to update their contact and medical information every year.
- Emergency contact numbers are used to notify families of school delays and closings. In addition, the district website always displays up-to-date information. In the event of a school delay, continue to monitor the school website. When bad weather causes a school delay, the district may choose to delay in order to monitor weather conditions, but sometimes chooses to close the school if bad weather persists.
- Schoology: Access current grades and assignments for Middle School and High School
- How to sign up for parent access: English Spanish
- Parent Home Page: English Spanish
- E-town Parent Instructions: Open in Googledoc. 'File' --> 'Make a Copy' . Open your copy of the document. 'Tools' --> 'Translate Document' --> 'Choose a Language' . Select your first language from the drop down menu, if available. Click 'Translate'
Personalized Learning Initiative: Select “Translate this page” as needed
- This is a program providing one laptop to each student in grades 4-12 for educational use during school hours and at home. Bear Creek will have this program in the 2020 - 2021 school year.
- Chromebook Information and Expectations Open in Googledoc, Tools, Translate, document, then select language
Students are graded on the following grading scale:
A – 92% - 100%
B – 83% - 91%
C – 74% - 82%
D – 65% - 73%
F – 64% and below