Staff Password Change Information
In order to safeguard the integrity and security of both the Elizabethtown Area School District and staff data sources, login passwords for EASD computers and online systems will be changing over the next few months.
Like the current password process, new passwords will be issued to staff by the Department of Technology Services. The process we developed has been streamlined and adheres to industry security guidelines and best practices.
Password Change Process
EASD Staff password changes will be processed in small batches by building level. This approach ensures the necessary individual support is available for each user account. Staff will be contacted by Susan Hoffman with the necessary details when their password is scheduled for this change.
On the scheduled day, Susan will:
- Notify staff directly via email to remind individuals to contact her that day at extension 21701 for a new password.
- At the end of the day, change the password in the EASD Active Directory system.
After the password change is complete, staff will:
- Begin using the new district password to log into their district-issued computer. If prompted to migrate your keychain, type in the old password in the box.
- Use new password to log into systems where passwords update automatically, see list below.
- Manually change password in the remaining district systems in which passwords do not update automatically, see list below.
Password Security Best Practices
- Passwords should never be written down and left on or near your computer.
- Passwords should never be shared with anyone.
- If you believe that your password has been compromised, contact Technology Services to initiate a password change.
Passwords in configured district systems will automatically update as a result of the Staff Password change. Staff will NOT have to manually change passwords in the following systems:
- District-issued computer
- Discovery Education
- Google Accounts / District Gmail
- SMART Amp
- Kyocera Copiers
- No Red Ink (Coming 2018/2019)
- Sapphire Student Information System
- Staff Server
- Web Help Desk
Passwords in the following district systems will NOT automatically update as a result of the Staff Password change. If you currently have an account in any of the following systems, you will need to log in to manually update the password. Instructions showing how to update the passwords are provided by clicking the links below:
- Canyon Creek / Online Scheduler
- FIS - CSIU Financial Information System (formerly Employee Portal)
- Frontline, formerly My Learning Plan
- Schoolwires - District Website
- Performance Tracker
- School Dude
- Study Island
** Please Note: There may be websites separate from the core EASD systems in which you created accounts using your district credentials. You will need to log in to those systems to manually change those passwords. Refer to the individual system's help centers for instructions on how to update passwords.