7th grade Requirements
1) Dental Exam Form--Dental forms can be completed on any exam done within a year of the start of 7th grade. They can be turned in or faxed to the nurses' office as they are completed. It is recommended that your family dentist perform this examination to provide for continuity of your child's dental health care; however, if you are unable to make an appointment with your family dentist, the school dentist will provide a dental screening during the 7th grade school eyar. This is only a screening, not a complete exam, and you must indicate the school selection to the school nurse on the Dental Selection Form.
2) Immunization Requirements:
7th Grade requirements for entry: (also see Immunization Information page)
- 1 dose meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) if five years have elapsed since last tetanus immunization
Students in ALL grades (K-12) need the following vaccines:
- 4 doses of tetanus (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of diphtheria* (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (for 2017-2018: 4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after 3rd dose)
- 2 doses of measles**
- 2 doses of mumps**
- 1 dose of rubella (German measles) **
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
*Usually given as DTP or DT or Td **Usually given as MMRThe only exemptions to the school laws for immunizations are: medical reasons; religious beliefs; or philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction.If your child is exempt from immunizations, he or she may be removed from school during an outbreak.