Kara Schoessler was named principal of Elizabethtown Area Middle School in June 2019. Ms. Schoessler holds a Bachelor of Music Degree in Music Education from Grove City College and a Masters of Education Degree in Science Education from Lebanon Valley College. She received her principal certification through Penn State University.
Ms. Schoessler brings a wealth of experience in many areas including:
- Implementing Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Facilitating data analysis for ELA
- Creating schedules and team structures at the middle school level
- Implementing 1:1 program and professional development built around it
- Building projects integration
- Promoting effective instructional practices through
Prior to joining EASD, Ms. Schoessler was the assistant middle school principal for neighboring Palmyra Area School District (PASD). She has also been Dean of Students, music teacher, and middle school director of bands for the PASD.